3 research themeS
From science to farm, the Network provides innovative science-based solutions according to Canadian dairy producers’ priorities and the challenges they face.
Increase cows capacity to resist and destroy invading pathogens.
Aim to improve resistance through management, genetic selection, and enhancement of the immune system.
- New alternatives to modify the immune response.
- Vaccine development.
- Selective treatment strategies
Demystify pathogens to implement the best curative and preventive practices against mastitis and develop technologies to control the disease.
- Diagnostic method validation
- Innovative treatment development
Enhance the ability of dairy producers and their veterinarians to implement the most appropriate strategies and take the best decisions to fight against intramammary infections.
- Housing system optimization.
- Mesure of economic and sociologic impacts of mastitis.